Berkshire Hathaway Home Services just released its 2021 Mid-Year Main Line Market Report.
Here are a few highlights:
- Home sales on the Main Line rose almost 30%
- Average sales price rose 16%
- Inventory decreased 47%
- Buyer demand remained strong
Predictions for the second half of 2021:
- Sales will remain brisk, with prices holding steady
- Housing inventory should grow slightly as more sellers become comfortable opening their homes to potential buyers but not enough to meet current demand
- Mortgage rates will creep up but remain in the low- to mid-3% range for a 30-year fixed rate loan
Thinking of selling your home?
As you can see from the report highlights above, there’s never been a better time to list your home. Inventory remains low and buyers are eager and motivated. Yet even in a seller’s market, it’s still important to find an agent who can help you price your home realistically, ensure it shows well and attract well-qualified buyers.
Shopping for a new home?
Don’t be discouraged! Yes, the current market will require more patience and persistence, BUT there are definitely strategies to give you an edge over other buyers. Find an agent who understands your real estate goals and has the knowledge, connections and hustle to help you achieve them.
Who you work with matters!
Whether you’re thinking of buying or selling, contact me today at 484-614-2362 to discuss your current situation and options. I can help you navigate this unprecedented market and chart a path forward.